Nothing can prepare you for the moment you discover that the person closest to you, the person you count on the most, has betrayed you. If you have experienced betrayal, you need help navigating the emotional devastation that follows. And, even more importantly, you need hope. The Aftermath of Betrayal, is intended to help you identify and articulate the experience you are having. To give you words, language, and concepts to describe the storm of betrayal and provide you with helpful tips and tools to move you toward healing. To purchase, visit Amazon.
Here’s what readers are saying about The Aftermath of Betrayal
- “I really liked the understanding and empathy of the author. The book neither preached nor blamed the person dealing with this type of trauma. I found the journal prompts and writing suggestions helpful in sorting and sifting through the various emotions and feelings involved….”
- “Discovering that your spouse is cheating can take you to a place of pain so powerful and destructive, yet Michelle Mays’ experience and wisdom will guide you through the craziness into an arena of understanding and eventually to a place of hope and healing. It’s hard to believe the pain can go away, I know. This book is perfect if you are a spouse who feels emotionally bludgeoned, angry, scared and hopeless after finding out your spouse has been cheating on you. You will be able to track your current state and, with Mays’ guidance, emerge with more strength than you thought possible. She did that for me…”
- “Upon discovery of my husband’s infidelity, I read about everything I could get my hands on in an attempt to make sense out of the chaos I found myself in. “The Aftermath of Betrayal” clearly maps out the feelings, fear and confusion I felt as well as revealing the hope that is truly available. If only I had this book to help me navigate those early days, I believe I might have suffered less…”
- “Michelle Mays has clearly captured and expressed the experience of betrayed partners. I am a therapist and have worked with this population, and the categories put forth in this book are right on. Anyone in the throes of experiencing betrayal trauma, particularly at the beginning stages, will benefit from this book. Readers will not only feel understood, but will also gain understanding about themselves and their experience…”
- “As a clinician myself, I highly recommend this book and will be using this as a resource for all my clients who are experiencing the pain of broken relationships and betrayal trauma…”
- “This book put words to my pain and experience that enabled me to identify what was happening to me. Once I could identify what was happening I was able to begin the process of healing…