Foundations for Recovery: Understanding Sexual Compulsivity
In this workshop we will…
- Define sexual addiction and compulsivity.
- Explore the three systems that drive compulsive sexual behavior: the brain (neurochemistry), the emotions (affect regulation), and our ability to securely connect to others (attachment).
- Identify the thought distortions and self-manipulation that create the ‘double life’ of the cheating partner and are the origin of gaslighting behaviors.
- Understand how to establish sexual sobriety and identify sexual health goals.
- Identify key steps and stages in the recovery process.
Who Should View this Workshop?
- Individuals struggling with compulsive sexual behavior who need information and support to transform their understanding and provide a clear roadmap to healing.
- Partners of those struggling with compulsive sexual behavior who need clarity and a thorough understanding of what is driving the cheating partners behaviors and what the path of recovery looks like.
- Therapists, pastors, friends and family members who are working with or supporting those impacted by sexually compulsive behavior.