Seeking a highly skilled and motivated mental health counselor to join CRR’s Clinical Team and take on already existing case load consisting of clients dealing with betrayal trauma, sexual addiction, childhood trauma and love addiction.
About the Center for Relational Recovery
With offices located in the heart of historic Leesburg, Virginia and Washington DC, the Center for Relational Recovery (CRR) specializes in treating sexual addiction, trauma and relationship issues.
CRR offers a programmatic approach to treating sex addicts and their partners that includes a combination of individual therapy, group therapy, and couples therapy along with 12-step support and workshops and intensives as needed. CRR treats the addiction, partner trauma and relationship issues concurrently with the emphasis changing over time depending on the phase of treatment.
For clients who come to CRR for trauma or relationship issues, treatment is less programmatic and more individual or couple based, drawing on developmental trauma models and attachment based couples therapy modalities.
CRR is an outpatient treatment center. Incoming clients sign a release for the entire clinical team to be involved in their treatment when they come to CRR. While clinicians carry an individual caseload they are also working with other team members on cases. Clinical team members must be highly collaborative in their temperament and approach to treatment. The Clinical Team meets together each week for case consultation. Clients may work with different clinicians throughout their time at CRR, depending on the specializations needed and which team member is best suited.
Approximately 70% of CRR’s incoming clients indicate sexual addiction as their presenting issue. As a result, all clinical team members must specialize in treating sexual addiction and trauma. CRR is recruiting candidates who have a CSAT, CSAT-C or CSAT-S credential as well as clinical experience treating trauma and relationship issues. CRR accepts candidates who do not have prior experience in treating sexual addiction or trauma but who want to develop these clinical specialties and are willing to engage in a steep learning curve and training period to build their expertise.
CRR utilizes Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples in working with couples and relationship issues. Team members are expected to complete the EFT Externship and master the basic skills of EFT as part of their training and skill development.
CRR also utilizes Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy (PIT) model for treating pathological relational attachments and developmental trauma. Team members without previous experience in this model are provided on-the-job training and supervision in this highly effective treatment modality.
Residents in Counseling
CRR hires Residents in Counseling who are interested in developing specializations in CRR’s areas of focus and who wish to work long-term as part of a clinical team at CRR. We do not hire residents who need to complete residency hours and then desire to move on to other professional goals. CRR invests a signficant amount of time, money and energy in training its Clinical Team Members and is focused on building a team of individuals committed to the work we do and to making an impact in the communities in which our offices are located.
Clinical Associate Position Description
Clinical Team members are employees of CRR and are paid on an hourly fee basis. The employment contract requires a minimum of 20 client hours and 2 therapy groups per week, including two evenings each week until 9 pm. Referrals are provided through CRR and ramp up time to build a full caseload is expected. Responsibilities include:
- Provide individual, couples and co-therapy to clients as a member of CRR’s clinical treatment team.
- Facilitate male, female and mixed-gender psycho-educational and processing therapy groups.
- Provide thorough assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning for each client.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical records for each treatment unit.
- Collaborate with members of the Clinical Team to facilitate comprehensive care to individuals, couples and families.
- Participate in facilitating workshops, therapy intensives, and classes offered by CRR as part of its clinical treatment program.
- Participate in Quarterly Team Planning Days, annual retreats and other CRR team-building exercises.
- Complete training as a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (if not already credentialed).
- Complete externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples.
- Participate in ongoing supervision with the Clinical Director and weekly case consultation with the Clinical Team.
- Gather and maintain monthly data regarding clinical effectiveness.
- Network with other local professionals.
- Masters degree or higher by an accredited university in the mental health field.
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist or Candidate (or willingness to complete the credential as part of training at CRR).
- Prefer candidate to have experience in treating sexual addiction and trauma or relationship issues, however, candidates with commitment to developing high level skills and competence in the treatment of sexual addiction, trauma, and couples through training and supervision will be considered.
- Must hold either an LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or be a Resident in Counseling pursuing licensure in the state of Virginia.
If you are interested in joining the Clinical Team at CRR, please submit a resume and cover letter to the Clinical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.