Seeking a skilled and motivated mental health counselor to join our clinical team and work with a rapidly building client case load focusing on individuals and couples dealing with sex addiction, betrayal trauma, love addiction, childhood trauma and relationship issues.
In addition to experience treating sexual addiction, training and experience working with couples preferred.
About the Center for Relational Recovery
Located in the heart of historic Leesburg, Virginia the Center for Relational Recovery (CRR) specializes in treating sexual addiction, trauma and relationship issues. CRR offers a programmatic approach that includes a combination of individual therapy, group therapy, and couples’ therapy along with 12-step support and workshops and intensives as needed.
CRR is an outpatient treatment center. Incoming clients sign a release for the entire clinical team to be involved in their treatment when they come to CRR. While clinicians carry an individual caseload, they are also working with other team members on cases. Clinical team members must be highly collaborative in their temperament and approach to treatment. The Clinical Team meets together each week for case consultation. Clients may work with different clinicians throughout their time at CRR, depending on the specializations needed and which team member is best suited.
Approximately 70% of CRR’s incoming clients indicate sexual addiction as their presenting issue. As a result, all clinical team members must specialize in treating sexual addiction and trauma. CRR is recruiting candidates who have a CSAT credential as well as clinical experience treating trauma and relationship issues. CRR accepts candidates who do not have prior experience in treating sexual addiction or trauma but who want to develop these clinical specialties and are willing to engage in a learning curve and training period to build their expertise.
Clinical Associate Position Description
Clinical team members typically carry a full caseload of 25+ individual/couple’s appointments and 2 groups per week. Referrals are provided through CRR and ramp up time to build a full caseload is expected, though the ability to handle a rapidly-building caseload is essential. Responsibilities include:
- Provide individual, couples and co-therapy to clients as a member of CRR’s clinical treatment team.
- Facilitate male and female psycho-educational and processing therapy groups.
- Provide thorough assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning for each client.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical records for each treatment unit.
- Collaborate with members of the Clinical Team.
- Participate in facilitating workshops, therapy intensives, and classes offered by CRR.
- Complete training as a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (over a 2-year period).
- Participate in ongoing supervision with the Clinical Director and weekly case consultation with the Clinical Team.
- Master’s degree or higher by an accredited university in the mental health field.
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist or Candidate (or willingness to complete the credential as part of training at CRR).
- Prefer candidate to have experience in treating sexual addiction and trauma or relationship issues, however, candidates with commitment to developing high level skills and competence in the treatment of sexual addiction, trauma, and couples through training and supervision will be considered.
- Must hold either an LPC, LCSW, or LMFT in the state of Virginia or be able to apply for licensure in Virginia.
If you are interested in joining the Clinical Team at CRR, please submit a resume and cover letter to Michelle Mays at firstname.lastname@example.org.